Saturday, January 07, 2006

perspective

I used to read about a lot of moments that sounded fabulous, and I waited for them. and waited. and waited. waited. They never came. I eventually learned that instead of waiting for the magic in moments, you have to look for them. It's all hidden, which makes it even better when you find it because it's a secret that you managed to find.

It's not just a baby looking at a girl bending a light stick into a smile, it's a baby looking at a girl who has the only bright happy thing in their dreary flourescent lighted surroundings.

It's not just a girl listening to music on her way home. It's a journey taken while she's lost in the richness of her beautiful sarabande.

do you like walking in the rain? I do. That prickly rain that only gets your clothes slightly damp, while all the little drops of water kiss your face. It's not some troublesome drizzle.

I wonder if I can make people understand. I'm not a poet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home