honours night
It was colourful. lots of relatives, siblings, parents poised eagerly with their cameras, ready to capture that magic moment when their baby gets an award! and really, who expected Hitler to show up at our awards ceremony?
and it was stirring I suppose. photographs and memories of fun times resurfaced on stage.
but what really got me, was dad's phone call after everything was over, telling me he knew the Nazi leader's look alike personally and that they were eating together. I wasn't sure whether to be absolutely horrified that my father was associating himself with the man who established the third or fourth or fifth reich or whatever [not a history student], or whether to burst out laughing at the memory of that retarded moustache.
I'm tired.
and it was stirring I suppose. photographs and memories of fun times resurfaced on stage.
but what really got me, was dad's phone call after everything was over, telling me he knew the Nazi leader's look alike personally and that they were eating together. I wasn't sure whether to be absolutely horrified that my father was associating himself with the man who established the third or fourth or fifth reich or whatever [not a history student], or whether to burst out laughing at the memory of that retarded moustache.
I'm tired.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home