Sunday, December 17, 2006

notes.

open. blur. shut. black.

I opened my eyes and saw some vague far off lights in a misty inky darkness. I shut them and all the lights died. they were put out. why am I here? I opened my eyes. the world wasn't right, it was all topsy turvy in the wrong angle. oh. I am on the ground. my sluggish thoughts labour to recall what happened. pictures come back in fragments.

my vision slowly begins to clear. I don't move. I notice a dull nauseating pain in my chest. wait, it's everywhere, slowly revealing itself like a tidal wave running down my abdomen. I want to sleep it off; just lie there on the hard gravel and tarred surface and sink into blessed oblivion. how easy it would be to slip and let go. dark shadows creep around the edges of my vision, eating into the street lamp, the black road, the white paint stained a sticky dark red.

It's a little strange to see the dark red stain creeping across the white stripe. The stain is spreading. It wants to engulf the white stripe like a phagocytotic cell and consume the whiteness, leaving only the red. The red glistens under the street lamp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home