books
I feel powerful when I'm in a bookstore. yesterday I stumbled upon a huge red volume of Jane Austen's complete works. It had pictures. pictures. I really wanted it, but I would probably end up reading so much and neglecting my work. damn.
I can just imagine myself in a big comfy chair wrapped up in a blanket on a rainy night, sitting by the window with that enormous volume open on my lap and reading late into the night. sounds warm and toasty. yum.
Aside from Jane Austen's huge volume, I found a collection of second world war poetry and 'The Handmaid's Tale' by margaret atwood in the literature section. It dawned upon me that I will probably be like dad when I grow up; buying countless books on impulse. sometimes I feel like buying the whole store. new books make me feel powerful.
I can just imagine myself in a big comfy chair wrapped up in a blanket on a rainy night, sitting by the window with that enormous volume open on my lap and reading late into the night. sounds warm and toasty. yum.
Aside from Jane Austen's huge volume, I found a collection of second world war poetry and 'The Handmaid's Tale' by margaret atwood in the literature section. It dawned upon me that I will probably be like dad when I grow up; buying countless books on impulse. sometimes I feel like buying the whole store. new books make me feel powerful.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home