extract
I am always here, if you want me -
For I am the centre of the universe.
But now tonight it is myself;
Sitting at my alunminium double-glazed window in Dublin city;
Crying just a little bit into my black tee shirt.
If only there was just one human being out there
with whom I could make a home? Share a home?
Just one creature out there in the night-
Is there not just one creature out there in the night?
In Helsinki, perhaps? Or in Reykjavik?
Or in Chapelizod? Or in Malahide?
So you see, I have to calm myself down also
If I am to remain the center of the universe;
It's by no means an exclusively self-centred automatic thing
Being the centre of te universe.
I am always here if you want me-
For I am the centre of the universe.
For I am the centre of the universe.
But now tonight it is myself;
Sitting at my alunminium double-glazed window in Dublin city;
Crying just a little bit into my black tee shirt.
If only there was just one human being out there
with whom I could make a home? Share a home?
Just one creature out there in the night-
Is there not just one creature out there in the night?
In Helsinki, perhaps? Or in Reykjavik?
Or in Chapelizod? Or in Malahide?
So you see, I have to calm myself down also
If I am to remain the center of the universe;
It's by no means an exclusively self-centred automatic thing
Being the centre of te universe.
I am always here if you want me-
For I am the centre of the universe.
P. Durcan

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home