day one
my first day was so much fun! since I had absolutely nothing to do for most of the day, I looked busy and amused myself by writing stories about Mary. my mentor took me out for lunch with two other lawyers. they were very friendly and easy to talk to, which made lunch all the more enjoyable.
we got lunch and coffee before heading back to the office and my mentor paid for everything, which made me feel very guilty and uneasy. but I couldn't see the bill and it seemed ridiculous for me to offer to pay my share since I am probably a good ten years younger and no one else minded about their share.
Dad spent the whole day messaging me. dad is, uh, weird. go to court. wow! quite weird. He sneakily tried to find out if my mentor was a lady or a guy by asking where he studied; because it secretly matters to him I guess. I circumvented it and so now he thinks I'm very smart. heh.
towards the end of the day, after amusing myself more and looking more busy, I finally got something to do and got confused over many facts of laws involving insolvency. I learned a lot of things. In the end, I stayed back one and a half hours doing research and talking to a really nice lawyer. when I got back to my desk, I found a post it my mentor left me telling me that I didn't have to stay on and could leave at five thirty, cheers.
quite exciting. my mentor mumbles instead of talking as if tired of hearing all the booming voices around the office.
we got lunch and coffee before heading back to the office and my mentor paid for everything, which made me feel very guilty and uneasy. but I couldn't see the bill and it seemed ridiculous for me to offer to pay my share since I am probably a good ten years younger and no one else minded about their share.
Dad spent the whole day messaging me. dad is, uh, weird. go to court. wow! quite weird. He sneakily tried to find out if my mentor was a lady or a guy by asking where he studied; because it secretly matters to him I guess. I circumvented it and so now he thinks I'm very smart. heh.
towards the end of the day, after amusing myself more and looking more busy, I finally got something to do and got confused over many facts of laws involving insolvency. I learned a lot of things. In the end, I stayed back one and a half hours doing research and talking to a really nice lawyer. when I got back to my desk, I found a post it my mentor left me telling me that I didn't have to stay on and could leave at five thirty, cheers.
quite exciting. my mentor mumbles instead of talking as if tired of hearing all the booming voices around the office.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home