more OWW
Well the week has come to an end. It was a really incredible one. On Tuesday they had some animals in the union: snakes, tarantulas and a skunk. the skunk was really adorable and I held it for a while. like a baby. I was a little worried that it would get scared and unleash some toxic carnage, because a lot of people were crowding around it. but it just buried it's head in my arm like an adorable skunk should.
They brought falcons and snakes and lizards in on thursday. and scorpions and spiders and stuff. I played with baby boa constrictor which was very friendly and lovable. It actually posed for my pictures! simran wants to adopt it, and feed and nurture and love it until it becomes a seven foot long muscle bound predator that must be kept in a tank in order to prevent it from strangling it's owner at night. I don't blame her, because it really was very very likable. I think the brighter orange one was a corn snake or something like that. When I picked it up I could feel it's muscles moving in my hand, which kind of tickled so I just started screaming in the middle of the union and yelling at nobody in particular to get it off, because it had tried to weave its way through my bag. I think it liked nooks and crannies. It was incredibly fun stuff.
There was a really great workshop on acting and performing shakespearean works. I went to cover it and take a few photos towards the end. It was so good, I wish I had gotten there earlier. It focused on the use of language, tone, voice and the development of a character through the play. standard stuff I suppose, but seeing as how I've never been to a workshop and performing shakespeare, it was really exciting. the things that were being taught and demonstrated were so eye opening, and even rivaled acsian theatre productions.
I might start going for ballroom dancing sessions. After being spun around in a Viennese waltz on wednesday, which was incredibly fun, I decided to go learn some more.
I managed to drag nitram for the world music concert. he was incredibly bored, but stayed until I wanted to go. the performances were alright I guess. I didn't particularly like any except for the drumming society's performance. It made me miss my dear percussion a lot. I miss how the rhythm gets into your ribcage and rattles everything around.
The World Party on saturday night was awesome. There were some awesome performances by the different societies, and the music was really good especially towards the end. good DJ. It was really packed and everyone was cheering for the people on stage. It was so fun dancing with jenny candy and christine, particularly because I hadn't seen them in a while. They went home after the belly dancing and break dancing performances. I wanted to go for the after party which was for the organisers, but it started at three in the morning apparently, and I didn't want to walk home alone after that. So I chilled with some hall people until they decided to go home as well.
one world week is incredible.
They brought falcons and snakes and lizards in on thursday. and scorpions and spiders and stuff. I played with baby boa constrictor which was very friendly and lovable. It actually posed for my pictures! simran wants to adopt it, and feed and nurture and love it until it becomes a seven foot long muscle bound predator that must be kept in a tank in order to prevent it from strangling it's owner at night. I don't blame her, because it really was very very likable. I think the brighter orange one was a corn snake or something like that. When I picked it up I could feel it's muscles moving in my hand, which kind of tickled so I just started screaming in the middle of the union and yelling at nobody in particular to get it off, because it had tried to weave its way through my bag. I think it liked nooks and crannies. It was incredibly fun stuff.
There was a really great workshop on acting and performing shakespearean works. I went to cover it and take a few photos towards the end. It was so good, I wish I had gotten there earlier. It focused on the use of language, tone, voice and the development of a character through the play. standard stuff I suppose, but seeing as how I've never been to a workshop and performing shakespeare, it was really exciting. the things that were being taught and demonstrated were so eye opening, and even rivaled acsian theatre productions.
I might start going for ballroom dancing sessions. After being spun around in a Viennese waltz on wednesday, which was incredibly fun, I decided to go learn some more.
I managed to drag nitram for the world music concert. he was incredibly bored, but stayed until I wanted to go. the performances were alright I guess. I didn't particularly like any except for the drumming society's performance. It made me miss my dear percussion a lot. I miss how the rhythm gets into your ribcage and rattles everything around.
The World Party on saturday night was awesome. There were some awesome performances by the different societies, and the music was really good especially towards the end. good DJ. It was really packed and everyone was cheering for the people on stage. It was so fun dancing with jenny candy and christine, particularly because I hadn't seen them in a while. They went home after the belly dancing and break dancing performances. I wanted to go for the after party which was for the organisers, but it started at three in the morning apparently, and I didn't want to walk home alone after that. So I chilled with some hall people until they decided to go home as well.
one world week is incredible.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home