Dolce Vita
GOOD GOD I love Dolce Vita. If I had a lot more money and a higher metabolic rate, I'd be a regular there. The food is great and the service is excellent. I mean maybe it's cause the place wasn't very busy at the time, but the maitre D kept coming over to check how we liked the food. the place has a warm hearty atmosphere and did I mention that the service is excellent?
Dad mum and I went to the mandarin oriental hotel to have dinner so I picked the italian restaurant cause I didn't feel like having chinese food or a buffet for dinner. might as well make obesity and heart disease your best friend if you go for buffet dinners.
and it's not like I'm a cheap skate or anything but they kept giving us free stuff. like some cold beef starter thing that I don't even know how to call, they just brought it out on dark slabs of stone and said it's from the chef for us to try. It just made it seem a lot warmer and friendlier and I could go on forever and ever researching synonyms to describe how warm and friendly it is but I think that's enough.
what did I have for dessert? a kind of citrus ragout topped with a lime-ish sorbet thing topped with foam that was caramelised on the top. that's right, CARAMELISED FOAM. how cool [and totally not a double entendre] is that! it made it a very light. ok the citrus ragout and chocolate bits and what not wasn't exactly light but it was yummy. they served it in a martini glass. ok presentation was really interesting as well. soup came in tea pots that the waiters poured out into dishes that made for semi shallow bowls.
ok I just love the place. I wish I could go there all the time and have some wine and write a book over hearty things. I'm totally gushing about how awesome it is because the place is so awesome. ok it might also has been the shelves and shelves of wine that I saw through the window, but I didn't have any of it anyway because I was with mum and dad and it might have been a little inappropriate.
ok let's just put it this way. if Dolce Vita were a stocky woman with dark hair and a good laugh because that is exactly what dolce vita would be if it were a woman, I would become a lesbian and go to the netherlands and have a civil union with her and we'd live in an apartment together while she fed me delicious things and we'd laugh about everything. we wouldn't have to work that much because of all the adoring devotees of dolce vita would just throw money at her like how people throw money into wishing wells, like people who throw money at churches, only a lot more. we'd be completely asexual though because restaurants don't have sexual orientations and I wouldn't actually be into lesbian activities.
Dad mum and I went to the mandarin oriental hotel to have dinner so I picked the italian restaurant cause I didn't feel like having chinese food or a buffet for dinner. might as well make obesity and heart disease your best friend if you go for buffet dinners.
and it's not like I'm a cheap skate or anything but they kept giving us free stuff. like some cold beef starter thing that I don't even know how to call, they just brought it out on dark slabs of stone and said it's from the chef for us to try. It just made it seem a lot warmer and friendlier and I could go on forever and ever researching synonyms to describe how warm and friendly it is but I think that's enough.
what did I have for dessert? a kind of citrus ragout topped with a lime-ish sorbet thing topped with foam that was caramelised on the top. that's right, CARAMELISED FOAM. how cool [and totally not a double entendre] is that! it made it a very light. ok the citrus ragout and chocolate bits and what not wasn't exactly light but it was yummy. they served it in a martini glass. ok presentation was really interesting as well. soup came in tea pots that the waiters poured out into dishes that made for semi shallow bowls.
ok I just love the place. I wish I could go there all the time and have some wine and write a book over hearty things. I'm totally gushing about how awesome it is because the place is so awesome. ok it might also has been the shelves and shelves of wine that I saw through the window, but I didn't have any of it anyway because I was with mum and dad and it might have been a little inappropriate.
ok let's just put it this way. if Dolce Vita were a stocky woman with dark hair and a good laugh because that is exactly what dolce vita would be if it were a woman, I would become a lesbian and go to the netherlands and have a civil union with her and we'd live in an apartment together while she fed me delicious things and we'd laugh about everything. we wouldn't have to work that much because of all the adoring devotees of dolce vita would just throw money at her like how people throw money into wishing wells, like people who throw money at churches, only a lot more. we'd be completely asexual though because restaurants don't have sexual orientations and I wouldn't actually be into lesbian activities.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home