Tuesday, July 22, 2008

meltdown

today when I arrived at work, I unlocked the door, switched on the lights and air conditioning, and turned on the computers. one of them wouldn't turn on because it apparently crashed the evening before. anyway so I went to the admin room to discover that instead of the usual blue desktop, the background had changed to a dangerous red colour with a huge warning sign on it saying something about viruses. There was a horde of popups and windows doing scans and telling me that I had TWO THOUSAND SEVEN HUNDRED AND FIFTY ONE viruses on the most important computer in the office. I just sat there and stared at it not knowing what to do. Initially I felt some denial so I tried restarting it a few times, but that obviously didn't work. in the end I gave the secretary a call to tell her to contact the computer guy.

when I got back to the computer I was confronted by the blue screen of death, which flickered once in a while back to the red desktop before going back to the blue screen of death. I have never been dealt the blue screen of death so it freaked me out a little. later on in the day one of the printers refused to print and kept saying there was no paper even though there was the goddamn amazonian rainforest in there.

I had another client meeting. I nearly died trying to understand his theory. it was so difficult to wrap my mind around it, I got a headache. I couldn't concentrate for 20 minutes after he left because it was so confusing.

oh and every one at salsa is so fug it makes me mildly sad. but then again, I'm relieved that none of them are paedophiles, although one or two might be. UGH.

this morning I couldn't stop laughing to myself. I had this feeling that life was pretty damn awesome. and it really is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home