Tuesday, June 16, 2009

some time off

I was quite mentally drained after CCC today, so I took out my cello to practice some. it felt really good. I feel like I'm back in place whenever I'm at the piano or at the cello. I think I've improved over this year. so I'm really happy about that. I can't get in anymore practice for today. It's late and my left hand aches a little.

back to revising soon. I can't get the second question on CCC out of my head. I keep kicking myself for talking about economic duress instead of unconscionable bargains! I'm really annoyed about that. hopefully booze and welsh cakes on thursday will make this all better. hurrah!

"Music is spiritual food and cannot be substituted by anything else. Whoever does not partake from it will live and die in a state of spiritual anaemia. There are regions of the soul which can be illuminated only through music. The task of music is to help us know our inner world better and to help it bloom and fulfil itself... And where we reach the limits of human consciousness, music will point even further into a world which we cannot know, only feel."

-Zoltan Kodaly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home