melaka trip
NEVER AGAIN.
ok the company and all was really merry and great but if I wanted to sit on my ass for a whole day and do absolutely nothing worthwhile, I would stay at home. but wait! if I stayed at home I would actually have gotten worthwhile things done, like practising piano or theory homework or reading some of my business notes for next year. oh! and I wouldn't have had to use squatting toilets, which is even more difficult for people who can't really squat with their feet flat.
after sitting in a van for three hours on the way to malacca, I expected to do some interesting things. like walk about jonker street or have another wander about the world heritage site while reminding myself of what it actually is. I did not expect to sit in the van while waiting for people to find things in the pharmacy that they can't get here without a prescription. Going to stores to buy biscuits wasn't completely unexpected. but hey, the point is, aside from lunch and dinner and maybe a snack it was a trip completely devoid of cultural value. it was a complete waste of my day.
ok the company and all was really merry and great but if I wanted to sit on my ass for a whole day and do absolutely nothing worthwhile, I would stay at home. but wait! if I stayed at home I would actually have gotten worthwhile things done, like practising piano or theory homework or reading some of my business notes for next year. oh! and I wouldn't have had to use squatting toilets, which is even more difficult for people who can't really squat with their feet flat.
after sitting in a van for three hours on the way to malacca, I expected to do some interesting things. like walk about jonker street or have another wander about the world heritage site while reminding myself of what it actually is. I did not expect to sit in the van while waiting for people to find things in the pharmacy that they can't get here without a prescription. Going to stores to buy biscuits wasn't completely unexpected. but hey, the point is, aside from lunch and dinner and maybe a snack it was a trip completely devoid of cultural value. it was a complete waste of my day.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home