photos
I thought that I'd try to find a photo like the ones on the save the children website for my fundraising page, and I found a few really sad ones that depicted abject poverty in it's rawest form. but when it came to the point where I had to upload it to the facebook page, I just couldn't. It was so sad and part of me felt like putting it up on my fundraising page would be exploiting the tragic condition exposed in the photo. it would've been to get more money by pulling at the heart strings of potential donors. yeah, didn't feel right, so I didn't.
the more I read about it, and the more I see though, it makes me feel so awful and I really want to do something to help these poor children. I mean I am doing something now, but I mean more than just raising money.
I was reading some of the news reports and one of the older ones about the gaza conflict last year [or was it earlier?] talked about how this lady gave birth during the conflict, and all the supplies that she could get for her baby came from save the children.
they're quite amazing like that I think.
the more I read about it, and the more I see though, it makes me feel so awful and I really want to do something to help these poor children. I mean I am doing something now, but I mean more than just raising money.
I was reading some of the news reports and one of the older ones about the gaza conflict last year [or was it earlier?] talked about how this lady gave birth during the conflict, and all the supplies that she could get for her baby came from save the children.
they're quite amazing like that I think.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home