Sunday, December 25, 2005

christmas dinner

christmas dinner, wasn't as bad as I expected. everyone was on time, save the random family that I didn't know. and the food! There was turkey, of course, but this was bought and wasn't as good as mom's turkey. And there was roast beef with potatos, mashed potatos, pork ribs, roast pork, buttermilk biscuits with strawberry jam that was served in a crystal jar, and some sashimi and laksa too. For desert, mom made bread pudding, cheesecake with fruits on top, and there was a coconut cream pie which I spent my morning making, and there was apple pie and tapioca cake, and coffee and tea. It was all very nice.

I spent my time with martina and the kids roasting marshmallows by the side of the house. It's funny how all the teenagers were all doing there own things. They weren't interested in roasting marshmallows. So I was hanging out with children. I couldn't decide whether I liked it or not.

of course, sulyn opened the piano, [I don't think she asked anyone for permission] and started playing. usually this would be some kind of competition between us, but I really can't be bothered anymore.

After dinner, dad sent me to church for midnight mass, which was nice. Although I was very sleepy from eating so much, and I fell asleep during the homily. I hope no one saw me. and everyone was all happy and cheery, hugging and wishing each other merry christmas. It's nice to be among people who care, I hope everyone had something like that for their christmas.

It's a little strange though, that no one on my dad's side of the family hugs each other in christmas greeting. I didn't hug my cousins merry christmas, or my aunts or uncles. maybe next time, I'll try.

It's a wonderful christmas isn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home