work
work is eating my soul. I don't hate it. I find it interesting I suppose. but more and more it seems like I'm doing administrative secretarial work than actually doing legal stuff. I got cut off from Athens so now I can't even access lexis nexis because for some god forsaken reason this firm doesn't have lexis nexis.
what did I do yesterday... drafted letters to the client about final judgment and the defendant's affidavits. faxed it to them. faxed the final judgment draft to the defendants' lawyer. made stupid mistakes while drafting which boss caught. boss was nice about it but I felt incompetent anyway. worked on chronology of events for court of appeal case. might have to go to work this evening or tomorrow to finish it [for god's sake]. yes I'm very much like a secretary, which sucks. unless all interns are supposed to be like secretaries. type out letters, photocopy pages, label the bundles for court hearings, make sure the format is right, no it's not right, take some pride in your work.
the day before I leave for england I'm scheduled to speak at some seminar on contract law management. my colleague said it'd be a good opportunity to practice public speaking. while that is probably true I know the main reason why he asked me is because he didn't want to do it himself because it'll probably be time consuming.
god I'm becoming a disgruntled member of the work force. that's the first sign of my life slipping away from me.
what did I do yesterday... drafted letters to the client about final judgment and the defendant's affidavits. faxed it to them. faxed the final judgment draft to the defendants' lawyer. made stupid mistakes while drafting which boss caught. boss was nice about it but I felt incompetent anyway. worked on chronology of events for court of appeal case. might have to go to work this evening or tomorrow to finish it [for god's sake]. yes I'm very much like a secretary, which sucks. unless all interns are supposed to be like secretaries. type out letters, photocopy pages, label the bundles for court hearings, make sure the format is right, no it's not right, take some pride in your work.
the day before I leave for england I'm scheduled to speak at some seminar on contract law management. my colleague said it'd be a good opportunity to practice public speaking. while that is probably true I know the main reason why he asked me is because he didn't want to do it himself because it'll probably be time consuming.
god I'm becoming a disgruntled member of the work force. that's the first sign of my life slipping away from me.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home