the weekend
going to dr lee's house on saturday was rejuvenating. It was really great catching up with people and chilling with them, especially xiangning and arthur, both of whom I haven't seen or spoken to in ages. In the evening bize and mingxuan started to play the piano. It was wonderful, and I really felt like if I had moments like these every weekend, I'd have more than enough strength to face another week.
I was considering whether to stop work at the end of August, or whether to stay until the 15th of September like I initially planned. If I leave earlier I'd feel like I'd be disappointing my boss yet again. I might as well stay as long as I promised, although the thought of having the whole of September to myself is tempting. suffering for another four weeks of feeling incompetent and like a liability really is discouraging.
I need to get my wisdom tooth extracted and I'm absolutely terrified. I know I'd have to do it eventually but I really don't want to. I wonder if I'd get hiccups again like the last time I was absolutely terrified. that was when I had to get immunized against meningitis.
brendan arthur and lynn came over today. it's too bad more people couldn't come but I guess I'm just a bad organiser. we watched the table tennis finals and had a good laugh over what the commentator was saying. he was quite quirky. despite my over all nonchalance toward this whole event I couldn't help feeling some pride that they managed to clinch a silver at least. I really wanted them to get a gold, which was unlikely, but that was mostly because I was hoping we'd get a holiday if they did.
well it's late.
I was considering whether to stop work at the end of August, or whether to stay until the 15th of September like I initially planned. If I leave earlier I'd feel like I'd be disappointing my boss yet again. I might as well stay as long as I promised, although the thought of having the whole of September to myself is tempting. suffering for another four weeks of feeling incompetent and like a liability really is discouraging.
I need to get my wisdom tooth extracted and I'm absolutely terrified. I know I'd have to do it eventually but I really don't want to. I wonder if I'd get hiccups again like the last time I was absolutely terrified. that was when I had to get immunized against meningitis.
brendan arthur and lynn came over today. it's too bad more people couldn't come but I guess I'm just a bad organiser. we watched the table tennis finals and had a good laugh over what the commentator was saying. he was quite quirky. despite my over all nonchalance toward this whole event I couldn't help feeling some pride that they managed to clinch a silver at least. I really wanted them to get a gold, which was unlikely, but that was mostly because I was hoping we'd get a holiday if they did.
well it's late.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home