Sunday, September 21, 2008

news

well Iris this is partially for your entertainment, because I am just that good.

well I recently caught sight of an article about gopalan nair in the newspaper, saying that he's been sentenced to a term in prison for the duration of three months. to be honest, I can't say it's a very important case to the general public in my opinion. we have other things to concern ourselves with, in comparison to a little man with delusions of grandeur. HA! it reminded me though, to check out his blog again, not because I'm anxiously concerned about the developments of this guys life, but because it gives me a good laugh to read it, it's hard to find fools that actually give you a good laugh with their self righteous antics. most of the time it would usually annoy me.

and here I must quote things like 'fear ridden island of Singapore' and 'Singaporeans should not be treated as slaves any longer' and 'Singapore dictator cannot intimidate me.' and while reading this, I was thinking 'are you kidding me?' come on, it's so blatantly ridiculous. I don't know anyone at all who feels like a slave, I have never met any one who is constantly afraid of the government. maybe it's possible that these traits are common among opposition party members and supporters, and maybe something could be said about that, but extrapolating what a small percentage of the population feels to the entire community is absolutely ridiculous.

one thing that really surprised me was the commentary left on the blog. I mean that was what got me annoyed because I thought there weren't that many imbeciles in this country. I mean, I'm not particularly nationalistic or patriotic, but give credit where credit is due for god's sake. there are idiots saying things like 'Singapore progress to what it is today? Please lah, give me back my fishing village. I'd rather have my good ole kampong than this suffocating hell of a red dot.' ok respect for preference, but seriously between living in a stable first world country and a stable[in truth unlikely] third world country, I'd pick the first world country. this is just another example of someone blinded by an inflamed sense of self righteousness or self pity. is there some secret world here where idiots come together and feed off each other?

oh and here's an excerpt from another mindless simpleton:

'Prove them all Stinkaporean cowards wrong! Fight the FamiLees till death do part! For all the sins and hardships caused to people of Sinkapore! We salute you! Pls continue writing your blog!'

OHMYGOD. I mean I would want to respond, but I get a little frustrated myself because I am at a loss as to how to deal with such raw stupidity. at least there were some people who spoke sense, and that makes me feel a little less hopeless. some one pointed out that it's increasingly obvious that gopalan nair is probably not acting for the greater good and.. I'll just paste the quote here because it was so brilliantly summed up :

"You believe in a concept of freedom that is self-serving. You portray yourself as some 'hero' to 'free' Singaporeans from some concept of 'dictatorship'."

who ever wrote that, RESPECT!!! it's *INTELLIGENCE* in a vast desert of imbecility. thank God some one had the insight to point that out, because seriously it's obvious that someone who chooses to refer to himself in third person regularly in order to make his plight seem more epic is being a flatulent quack.

and one thing I could never understand is why some people gave donations to this person to help him sustain himself during his ordeal. maybe it was just a monetary demonstration of support. but that possibility aside, does this person not have a bank account? I mean I'm sure he doesn't put all his earnings in a piggy bank stowed away in his home some where in his beloved US [god knows we need to be reminded of his citizenship again]. I mean he's not a welfare parasite, is he?

as for the autonomy of the judiciary, that's something I'm not sure about. why? BECAUSE I'VE NEVER FULLY BEEN PART OF IT. people who have no idea of how the system works are so ready to jump to conclusions based on appearances and encouragement from impartial sources. If I had the time to gather more experience, I might be able to formulate a more solid opinion. but as it stands, I've interned in legal firms, I've seen how the courts work. and as far as I can tell, they work fine. I mean the judges can be fierce at times but they're pretty damn straight shooting.

and as for the some people saying it's the 'elitist' people whom the government has done things for in order to obtain loyalty, who think that this case is trivial. well it's possible that may be true for a few people out there but honestly maybe it's just that some people have SENSE or REASON or INTELLIGENCE, not because they are 'elite.' unless intelligence is now to be branded as an 'elite' trait. quite frankly I won't deny that there is room for improvement in our government or judiciary, it would be quite simplistic to say either perfect. but being a complete ass about it is just not the way to inspire change. even if it does give the rest a bit of a laugh about it.

I mean, when I do get the opportunity to vote some day, I'm not going vote opposition for the hell of it. I mean I'm going to vote for whoever can do the best job. if it's PAP, then it's PAP. what is the point of voting in an incompetent bumbling fool just because they're wearing different colours? yeah, that will really be doing the community a big favour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home