Saturday, August 23, 2008

dancing

I really liked the salsa club we went to last night. I guess since it's a partner dance, it was really old school in the sense that people will ask you if you like to dance which seemed a little more cultured than people just jumping onto a dance floor and dance with random people who come up and grind them or happen to dance really close to them or whatever.

I didn't dance very much, and when I did it wasn't even salsa. I had no idea what it was and it was really funny because I kept making mistakes. the people were really nice though. no one really judges and they're all there to learn and have fun. I was really tense because I had not idea over what I was doing, and my partner had to keep telling me to relax. Apparently it looked like I knew what I was doing from the side even though I was absolutely clueless. I think it might have been meringue or something a little like bachata but who knows.

and not dancing was totally fine with me because it was great watching people dance as well. everyone felt that way because we were appreciating the art of it I suppose.

we went to attica later on. I'd heard of it before and I always wondered what it was like. and after going attica I learned something : I hate attica.

It is too loud, too crowded, too sleazy, and too chaotic. some older guy tried to talk to me by asking me if I was from california which I thought was ridiculous and random. when we went to dance, some older guys tried to dance with us. It felt so pretentious. I hate affected and pretentious people, I hate affected and pretentious places.

I think while we were there I withdrew into myself. and I just thought, this place is ridiculous. these people are ridiculous. and I just wanted to be far far away from the smoky chaos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home