back in london
I miss home quite a bit. It's really sad leaving after three months of cheap good food and awesome friends. and not having to cook for yourself.
anyway business class was quite awesome. I got set on the top deck of a boeing 747 next to the window. the flight wasn't full, well, not on the top deck anyway; that was half empty. so the seat next to me was empty, and I dumped newspapers pillows and blankets on it.
I made a point to drink the expensive stuff. like champagne and wine. It WAS free and I might as well have made the most of it. I forgot the port though. I didn't do cocktails cause I didn't feel like it. the food is good on business class too. they serve it to you in courses, which is pretty cool, since I'm used to getting all of it plonked down in a tray.
they had l'occitane products in the bathroom. I struggled with my conscience with a long while before deciding to steal the hand cream. but by the time I decided to go, some one else beat me to it. or maybe the stewards stowed it away since it WAS the end of the flight. I mean, I didn't really want it, but it would've been cool to know that I've stolen something that's quite useful from a plane. ok well, I did take quite a few towels. so yay! I stole the towels from the plane, how cool am I. that's one thing off the list of things to be done in a life time.
I slept a lot at the beginning of the flight. later on I watched this awesome french movie called bienvenue chez les Ch'tis. it's freaking awesome and hilarious! especially when his friends organise a demonstration of barbarianism for the wife. it's quite heart warming as well. I highly recommend it.
I also watched madame butterfly. it's supposed to be a really good opera after all, and I never really understood what they were saying, so it was a good opportunity to read translations. anyway I didn't get to finish watching it because we landed just as madame butterfly was taking her father's suicide knife out.
I was really happy when I got on, to find out that they had Johnny Bravo cartoons in the system too! I haven't seen that cartoon forever and it's one of my favourites from a long time ago. but the only thing was that the system somehow insisted on reminding me that it was meant for children by having a long introduction with lots of children playing and the words 'young ones' flashing repeatedly.
anyway I was really anxious about immigration taking forever at goddamn heathrow. It was never a problem before because I'd always arrived at freakishly early hours of the morning, but here I was landing smack dab in the afternoon. but singapore airlines gave me a fast pass. a FAST PASS!!! how useful is that?! especially in mad heathrow. I was like woooooooo in your faces, I don't have to line up with 'all other passports!!!' they didn't lose my bag either, which was a relief.
anyway martin picked me up from the airport. he'd gotten there early and had been waiting for quite a long time. it was good to see him again. anyway we rode the piccadilly line back to his station. it was a really really long ride, but we had seats since we got on at heathrow. I was really sleepy by the time we reached his house.
anyway we went to covent garden yesterday. it's really nice! and we went to the british museum to see the rosetta stone. well, I wanted to see it, but quickly got distracted by everything else. we ended up spending a lot of time there. we lost track of time too, and couldn't go for the hadrian exhibition. it was a shame since he was really excited when he realised they were having one.
I dragged martin into a few shops. like a tea shop where I bought some expensive tea, but it was one of those balled up tea things that open up into flowers when you put them in hot water. they're usually expensive, I think, so I didn't mind. by the end I was losing stamina because we'd been walking all day through the museum and I couldn't pay attention to anything anymore. well, he was relieved. he hates shopping.
anyway business class was quite awesome. I got set on the top deck of a boeing 747 next to the window. the flight wasn't full, well, not on the top deck anyway; that was half empty. so the seat next to me was empty, and I dumped newspapers pillows and blankets on it.
I made a point to drink the expensive stuff. like champagne and wine. It WAS free and I might as well have made the most of it. I forgot the port though. I didn't do cocktails cause I didn't feel like it. the food is good on business class too. they serve it to you in courses, which is pretty cool, since I'm used to getting all of it plonked down in a tray.
they had l'occitane products in the bathroom. I struggled with my conscience with a long while before deciding to steal the hand cream. but by the time I decided to go, some one else beat me to it. or maybe the stewards stowed it away since it WAS the end of the flight. I mean, I didn't really want it, but it would've been cool to know that I've stolen something that's quite useful from a plane. ok well, I did take quite a few towels. so yay! I stole the towels from the plane, how cool am I. that's one thing off the list of things to be done in a life time.
I slept a lot at the beginning of the flight. later on I watched this awesome french movie called bienvenue chez les Ch'tis. it's freaking awesome and hilarious! especially when his friends organise a demonstration of barbarianism for the wife. it's quite heart warming as well. I highly recommend it.
I also watched madame butterfly. it's supposed to be a really good opera after all, and I never really understood what they were saying, so it was a good opportunity to read translations. anyway I didn't get to finish watching it because we landed just as madame butterfly was taking her father's suicide knife out.
I was really happy when I got on, to find out that they had Johnny Bravo cartoons in the system too! I haven't seen that cartoon forever and it's one of my favourites from a long time ago. but the only thing was that the system somehow insisted on reminding me that it was meant for children by having a long introduction with lots of children playing and the words 'young ones' flashing repeatedly.
anyway I was really anxious about immigration taking forever at goddamn heathrow. It was never a problem before because I'd always arrived at freakishly early hours of the morning, but here I was landing smack dab in the afternoon. but singapore airlines gave me a fast pass. a FAST PASS!!! how useful is that?! especially in mad heathrow. I was like woooooooo in your faces, I don't have to line up with 'all other passports!!!' they didn't lose my bag either, which was a relief.
anyway martin picked me up from the airport. he'd gotten there early and had been waiting for quite a long time. it was good to see him again. anyway we rode the piccadilly line back to his station. it was a really really long ride, but we had seats since we got on at heathrow. I was really sleepy by the time we reached his house.
anyway we went to covent garden yesterday. it's really nice! and we went to the british museum to see the rosetta stone. well, I wanted to see it, but quickly got distracted by everything else. we ended up spending a lot of time there. we lost track of time too, and couldn't go for the hadrian exhibition. it was a shame since he was really excited when he realised they were having one.
I dragged martin into a few shops. like a tea shop where I bought some expensive tea, but it was one of those balled up tea things that open up into flowers when you put them in hot water. they're usually expensive, I think, so I didn't mind. by the end I was losing stamina because we'd been walking all day through the museum and I couldn't pay attention to anything anymore. well, he was relieved. he hates shopping.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home